Shepherds Pie is another great hearty winter meal.
500g Beef Mince
1 Small Onion Finely Diced
1 Carrot Finely Diced
2 tsp Tomato Paste
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1 Cup Beef Stock
1 tbsp Plain Flour
Topping – Mash Potato
4 Medium Potatoes Peeled and Chopped into Quarters
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced
2. Brown mince in a large pan.
3. Pour excess fat off and add carrot and onion, cook until onion is transparent.
4. Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, beef stock and thyme. Mix well, bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 25mins.
5. Mix flour with some water to make into a paste then add to pan, stir until mixture thickens.
6. Steam/ boil potatoes until soft and then mash.
7. Add milk, butter, salt and pepper and mix until smooth and creamy.
8. Place meat into a casserole dish and top with mash potato, you can add a few dobs of butter on top to make a crispier potato topping. Bake for 45mins or until golden brown.