Omg this is so delicious, a great twist on bread and butter pudding. You can substitute raisin bread for any sort of bread or bun.
5 Slices Raisin Bread Cafe Style
3/4 Cup Milk
3/4 Cup Cream
1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
White Chocolate Bits
Milk Chocolate Bits
- Preheat oven to 140°C fan forced.
- Line the base of an oven proof dish with approximately half the raisin bread cutting to fit.
- In a bowl whisk egg, milk, cream, vanilla essence and sugar.
- Pour half egg mix over the bread then a sprinkling of white choc bits.
- Place the remaining raisin bread on top then pour the rest of the egg mix over and top with a sprinkling of milk chocolate bits and slivered almonds.
- Allow to sit for at least half an hour or more for bread to soak up egg mix.
- Place in a larger oven proof dish and add boiling water until it is approximately half way up the side of dish with pudding. This is to prevent the bottom and sides from drying out and burning. Cook for approximately an hour or until egg/ custard mix has set.
Is great served with ice cream or cream.
For a twist you could add layers of stewed fruit or berries. Or add a fruit conserve or jam for a sweeter dessert.
For more great recipes check out –