These scrolls might not look pretty but these are delicious. Great cold for a snack or warm for a light lunch and are perfect as finger food when entertaining.
1 1/2 Cups Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
1 Cup Greek Yogurt
1/2 Bacon Rasher Diced Finely
1 Cup Tasty Cheese Grated
1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
1 Cup Baby Spinach
1/4 Red Capsicum Diced Finely
1/4 Red Onion Sliced Finely
1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan forced.
- Combine flour and Greek yogurt to make a ball, add extra flour if too sticky or extra yogurt if too dry.
- On a floured surface kneed dough for approximately 5 minutes until stretchy then roll out into a rectangle about 30cms long.
- Spread tomato paste evenly over dough, place spinach, bacon, capsicum, onion and oregano on top of tomato paste then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Roll dough tightly as possible into a long sausage.
- Cut into 1-2cm slices and lay the scrolls out on baking paper on a tray making sure to leave space as these do spread.
- Bake for 15mins until lightly golden.
For more great recipes check out –