This is one of Mr Wonderful’s favourite.
Easy but does take approx 90mins.
4 Chicken Drumsticks Skin On
1lt Salt Reduced Chicken Stock
4 Medium Potatoes
1 Red Onion
2 Red Capsicums
5 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 Cup Wholemeal Flour
1 tsp Celery Salt
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced.
2. Place half chicken stock into a baking/ roasting pan – i use a lamington tray. Place in oven.
3. Peal and cut potatoes into quarters/ wedges and add to stock once stock is warm and return to oven. You will need to turn these every 30 mins and make sure the bottom of pan is always covered with stock.
4. In a zip lock or freezer bag place flour, celery salt and pepper and mix well then add chicken, seal and shake well to coat chicken.
5. In a pan heat a small amount of oil and then brown chicken.
6. While chicken is browning peal and quarter red onion, peal garlic and cut capsicums into approx 6 even sized pieces.
7. Add onion, garlic and capsicum to pan with chicken. Once chicken is browned and veggies are soft and browning add to oven tray and cook for a further 20 mins in oven or until potatoes are cooked.
Serve by itself or with a salad.
Plain flour can be used to coat chicken and for a healthier version you can use chicken with the skin off.
You can also cook sweet potato wedges in the stock or other root vegetables.