This is my twist on Chicken Stir Fry using everyday foods that are in my fridge/ cupboards.You can use so many other veggies like beans, cauliflower, sugar peas, bean sprouts, bok choy etc. You can also leave out the meat for a vegetarian meal or use any other meat. I do recommend marinating the meat for at least 2 hours as it makes it more tender and flavorful.
1 Chicken Breast Skinned and Thinly Sliced
1/2 Capsicum Thinly Sliced
1 Carrot Thinly Sliced
1 Cup Broccoli Florets
1/2 Leek Thinly Sliced
1 Cup Cabbage Thinly Sliced
1 Zucchini Thinly Sliced
1/4 Onion Thinly Sliced
2 Cups Mushrooms Thinly Sliced
10 Snow Peas
Honey, Soy and Garlic Marinade
1. Place Chicken in a zip lock bag along with enough marinade to cover all the chicken. Allow to marinade for 2 hours or more.
2. Place a small amount of oil in a wok or frying pan and cook chicken then remove and set aside.
3. Heat a little bit more oil in wok. Toss the carrot, capsicum, cabbage, leek, onion, broccoli and zucchini in.
4. Once the cabbage is soft toss in the snow peas and mushrooms and add a tablespoon of marinade
5. Once veggies are cooked to your liking place the chicken back in and warm through adding more marinade if necessary
Serve with your choice of noodles or rice.