This is the pub meal we all love. Pair it with cheesy garlic bread and you have a great feed. I make my own Chicken Schnitzels but you can buy them to save time and effort.
1 Chicken Breast Skin Off
1 Cup Breadcrumbs
1/2 Cup Flour
2 Eggs Whisked
8 Slices Ham
1 Cup Passata
2 Cups Grated Tasty Cheese
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced.
- Butterfly the breast. Cover with baking paper and using a meat tenderiser/ mallet pound to approximately 7mm thick. Then cut into 4 even pieces.
- On a plate mix breadcrumbs and flour.
- Dip into egg then cover in breadcrumbs, repeat process for a better all over crumbing.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook until they are golden and browning.
- Place on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Spread a decent layer of passata over each schnitzel followed by 2 slices of ham each. Then a very thin layer of passata again, this stops the ham drying out. Finally top with a generous amount of cheese.
- Place in oven for approximately 15mins or until cheese is melted and crisping around the edges.