Sunshine/ Vitamin D plays a very important part in our lives without it we can suffer from brittle bones, dementia, depression, heart disease, increased blood pressure and mental illness but what you may not know is how good it is for bubbas, here is some great reasons to get you and your bubbas outdoors –
- Stress relief
- Strengthens immunity
- Sharpens focus
- Increases short term memory
- Improve health & fitness
The benefits to bubbas is even greater. Nature can provide us with an awesome classroom, teaching about growing plants, fruits and veggies, native animals and insects, seasons, the environment and how to look after it and a greater range of pysical activities can be taught outdoors. All these along with the fresh air will impove your bubbas general health and wellbeing but will also improve –
- Creative thinking through imaginative play
- Gross motor skills
- Their knowledge of their own abilities e.g how high they can climb
- Physical abilities and strength
- Connection with nature
It can also decrease the chance of becoming nearsighted.
When bubbas spend all their time indoors and particularly infront of technology it can set them up for diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure and depression which are all symptoms of a sedentary indoor lifestyle.
There are so many things we can do with bubbas outdoors –
- Walking/ hiking
- Going to the playground
- Running around the yard or a park
- Playing ball games
- Bike riding
- Water activities- water tables, water guns, wading pools, playing under a sprinkler, going to the beach, water balloon fights, playing with coloured water
- Blowing bubbles
- Painting/ chalk drawings
- Hide & Seek
- Building sand castles
- Making mud pies
- Collecting insects
- Rolling down a hill
- Sliding down a hill on cardboard
- Snow activities
And so much more.
So lets all get outdoors and make ourselves and our bubbas happier and healthier.
Don’t forget your hat and sunscreen.
If you like this post you may also like-