Chicken Souvlaki snack pack is my families favourite take out but it can be quite expensive so i have created our home version and it is just as yummy.
You can buy or make your own Souvlaki dressing, here is a basic recipe for you.
2 tsp minced garlic cloves
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp black pepper
Combine all ingredients and mix well. You can make a larger amount and store for future use.
CHICKEN SOUVLAKI SNACK PACK
4 Medium Potatoes
1 Chicken Breast cut into thin strips
Chicken Salt or Chicken Stock Powdered
- Marinade chicken for 2 hours in the souvlaki marinade.
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced.
- Steam/ boil potatoes until soft.
- Place potatoes on a tray lined with baking paper and smash them.
- Scatter small dobs of butter randomly over potatoes then sprinkle with chicken salt.
- Bake in oven until potato is browning and cripsy.
- While potatoes are cooking. Add a small amount of oil to a pan and then cook chicken. As it is cooking use a spatula and constantly cut through the chicken breaking it up to create small pieces of chicken.
- Sprinkle grated cheese generously over potatoes then scatter cooked chicken on top.
- Drizzle with BBQ sauce and return to oven until cheese is melted.